With printed documents (called “custom trackers”), anyone can use Augment to scan your image and view your 3D model on top of it. It’s a perfect feature to create interactive brochures, catalogs, flyers, displays, etc..
How efficient would it be to give away a flyer at a tradeshow ? Your customers would have something to bring home and can easily remember your product by scanning it, and seeing it in 3D !
Creating a building’s model is both time-consuming and pricey. How about linking the 3D model of a future building to its 2D plan ? Ask your customer to scan it, and watch how amazed he will be, seeing his building in real size for the very first time ! You customer doesn’t remember how the rooms will look? He just needs to scan the plan from the comfort of his home to see the building as much as he wants.
Imagine catching your students’ attention by creating an interactive course ! Augment offers a playful way to learn : write down the essentials, add images and ask your students to scan the page through the app. Seeing a 3D model can make lessons fun yet useful. Isn’t it easier to understand how an organ is made up by seeing it in 3D ?
Augment gives students an easy way to access school materials and to remember what was studied in class.
By attaching your 2D image to a 3D model, you have the ability to easily share your model: just provide your partners with a copy of your custom tracker (business cards, flyers, display). Download our custom tracker resource kit. It will help you make the best custom tracker for your project. It includes helpful tracker guidelines, Augment logos, and other design resources.
Custom tracker formats requirements :
- Images can be uploaded in .jpg (or jpeg), .bmp, .png or .tga formats.
- The image can be up to be 5MB in size but 2-3MB is the recommended size on Augment.
- Here are some guidelines about what makes a good custom tracker.
To learn more about what a “custom tracker” is, how to use and upload it, please watch:
Download our custom tracker resource kit. It will help you make the best custom tracker for your project. It includes helpful tracker guidelines, Augment logos, and other design resources.
How to upload “custom trackers”:
1. Log into Augment Manager and click on “My Trackers”, then on “All Trackers”.
2. Drop your printed document or browse your computer to upload a jpg or png image (5MB max size). Follow these guidelines to ensure your custom tracker is optimized for Augment.
3. Click on “Edit” and select the 3D model you want to link to your tracker. You can also chose to link the tracker to a URL.
4. After a few minutes, go to the Augment app, and click on scan.
5. Scan the image you just uploaded. The model to which it is attached should pop up in Augment.
6. You can now print this 2D image for your flyers, displays or business cards.
Depending on which plan you subscribed, your tracker could be scanned up to 10K times without additional fee.
There are 2 other types of trackers for you to use: universal trackers and on-the-fly trackers. Learn more.