Sharing a folder allows you to easily collaborate with your customers and colleagues with Augment, and stay on the same page. You can only share a folder from the Augment Manager, but once shared, the folder will be present in the recipient’s Augment app as well. Recipients accessing a folder shared with them need an Augment account and to download the free app (on the Apple Store and Google Play) on their device.
- In the Augment Manager, click on the folder you want to share.
2. Click on the “Sharing Options” icon at the top right.
3. Add the email address of the person you want to share your folder with, then click “Send invitation(s).”
4. An invitation will be sent to the person’s email address.
5. Have the recipient log into the Augment Manager with their own credentials.
6. Now they can click on the link containing the invitation and see the folder you shared.
7. The folder is now shared on the partner’s Augment app as well.
The owner of a shared folder can manage permissions of other users who have access to the folder. To grant users access to add or remove 3D models from a shared folder, use the Yes / No toggle for “Write permission.” You can access this feature from the sharing options icon.